East Alton House Fire Draws Regional Emergency Response

EAST ALTON — A reported trapped occupant was rescued through an upstairs bedroom window in the 300 block of Monroe Street in East Alton on Friday, Aug. 21, 2026, after firefighters arrived to find heavy fire showing from the back of a 1 1/2-story house, East Alton Fire Chief Jeremy Diveley said early Saturday, Aug. 22, 2026.

article continues after sponsor message

Chief Diveley said the occupant was transported by Alton Memorial EMS and Survival Flight crews after firefighters conducted a window-initiated search. The State Fire Marshal was on scene and conducted an investigation.

Three other occupants escaped the fire on their own, Diveley said. One climbed to the roof and got down without assistance.

Diveley said crews began attacking the fire while placing ladders to the upstairs bedroom window, where an occupant had been reported trapped.

“I do not have an update on the person who was transported’s condition at this time,” Diveley said.

Wood River, Roxana, Rosewood Heights and Alton crews also responded. Bethalto provided station coverage and handled an EMS call.

 

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

Stay Connected

10,000FansLike

Subscribe

Stay updated with the latest news, events, and exclusive offers – subscribe to our newsletter today!

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles